Thursday, August 21, 2014

I don't know what "I" did this summer, much less you!

Since I last wrote, we've lost a dear elderly dog, a newish beloved car, a hated mower, and today part of a tooth.  A few other things, but those are the highlights!  Ah well, on to better times!

I grew up on a dairy farm in northeast Oklahoma, the youngest of 3 daughters.  My sisters are 8 and 9 years older than me, so there were a lot of years when I was the only kid at home to help with the chores.  Our nearest neighbors were at least a mile away, so my childhood had a lot of alone time. (Which I still crave like crazy!)  I have strong memories of being out between the dairy barn and a hay barn and looking for "perfect" cow pies.  The ones that the cows stood still for usually made for a nice round shape, more of a cake than a pie.  I would pick up a handful of gravel and drop the stones into the pile and make them "pretty".  I was a strange child apparently.  (My maiden German surname means gravel!)  Anyway the point of that story was to say that was the peak of my interest in decoration.  I'm NOT a fancy cake decorator!  If you have a cow pile you want dressed up though, I'm your girl!

Tonight I baked a special order of Pecan Sandy Shortbread cookies, or Mexican Wedding cookies.  Not listed on the menu, but I am HAPPY to try most anything, at least once!   Email me with your ideas!  bbctulsa@gmail.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment